As companies increasingly depend on technology for their business needs, their security approach must transition from reactive to proactive. It is crucial to identify cyber threats, security issues, and potential attacks before they occur in order to take immediate action.
What is Endpoint Detection and Response?
Endpoint detection and response (EDR) is a security solution that continuously monitors end users' devices and delivers proactive tracking capabilities to identify cyber threats and respond accordingly. EDR solutions equip security teams with continuous visibility into what is happening on endpoints so they can uncover potential threats.
- Endpoint Data Collection – Endpoints are monitored, and data is then collected into a central database.
- Automated Response – A real-time EDR system can detect a known type of data breach and trigger an automated response.
- Analysis – An analytics engine can search for patterns in the data while forensics tools can enable IT professionals to look deeper into previous data breaches, search for possible threats, or conduct an analysis of an attack.
- Endpoint Visibility – Visibility across all endpoints in your network allows IT professionals to view and assess any activity in real time. Identifying potential cyber threats allows for stronger and faster incident response.
- Threat Database – EDR solutions can record what is pertinent to their security, store it in a database, and recall the information instantly. The data collected can be used to detect any potential cyber threats and analyze the root cause of the issue.
- Threat Intelligence – An EDR solution that incorporates threat intelligence can offer information, context, and details into the attacker that is threatening your business.
- Rapid Response Time – EDR allows for a faster and more accurate response in order to stop an incident before it occurs. Analytical tools can help to identify cyber threats in the early phases and allow your team to react quickly.
- Versatility & Compatibility – EDR solutions are incredibly versatile and can be seamlessly integrated with other security tools, such as SIEM. Security Information Event Management (SIEM) is a single security management system that offers full visibility into activity within your network.
Lloyd’s Managed Detection & Response
Lloyd Group leads with a security-first mindset and has been securing organizations for over 25 years.
Our Endpoint Detection & Response solution delivers proactive tracking capabilities to uncover sophisticated threats lurking in the environment. This allows our security team to see the full context of what occurred within seconds and take immediate action. The platform allows us quick access to investigate attacks, collect forensic data, and remediate breaches. Our security team will create custom automated detection rules specific to your environment.
Our Security Information Event Management (SIEM) solution combs through a high volume of data to find and alert on unusual behavior, offering real-time insight to protect your business.
Contact us to discuss how you can ensure your business is secure from every direction.
Read Next: 6 Reasons to Partner with an MSP